Lit from Within: Combo of Challenges - (neon) yellow polka dot bikini
-->

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Combo of Challenges - (neon) yellow polka dot bikini



I accept the Challenge(s)!

This month, I am participating in the Nail Challenge Collaborative NEON challenge, and the EcoPolo Summer Challenge.  So, I'm combining the two when possible.  I find it even MOAR challenging! *evil laugh*

I started with a coat of Cult Nails Tempest, which I've shown you before, and if you want to see it again, you can check out my Black and White post here.  Heck, if you haven't seen it before, you should.  It's a good post.  I'm not biased, either.

Salon Perfect Jolt.  Sunny yellow and orange matte glitters in a yellow base.  Neon, so it dries matte.  Needed three layers to get opaque, so next time I'll layer it over a yellow neon. 

Salon Perfect Jolt with Cult Nails Tempest

Here's the Polka-Dot bikini part!  I dotted with OPI Black Onyx and a neon orange and neon yellow from Pink Cookie.  Ok, I have no idea who makes Pink Cookie, but LOOK AT THE SKULL.  You know that's why I bought it (At TJMaxx, in a neon collex you'll be seeing over the month.)

Salon Perfect Jolt with Cult Nails Tempest and dotticure

And, with topcoat, because I was curious how the glitter looked topcoated.  You see, it's a neon *textured* polish.  Yeah, that's right.  Run to Walmart, because that's the place that carries them.  I understand they're made by the same people who make China Glaze, and the Salon Perfect line does have a few dupes for some China Glaze colors.

Salon Perfect Jolt with Cult Nails Tempest and dotticure; topcoat

Bottle shot.  The Pink Cookie neon orange is just about the same color as the orange in the glitter.  At first, I was like, "whoa!" but then I was like, "whoa."  I guess that's not all that impressive, now that I think about it.  After all, how many shades of neon orange are there?  At this point, I'm guessing one.

bottle shot: Pink Cookie neon orange and yellow, and Salon Perfect Jolt

So, how did I do?  Are you feeling the polka-dot and neon together?  I hope you enjoy the other challenge manis I have for you this month, and how I combine them. 

Please check out these other NEON challenge manis from The Nail Polish Challenge Collective!









4 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...